We are undertaking the following projects:
Linking old Census details to the 1843 tithe map and tithe details.
- Understand how occupations have changed
- Explore who has lived in the older houses in the village over the years
Seeking out and providing information on an updated leaflet for Penhow Church
- Provide details of the history and architecture of the church
Researching the history of local rights of way
- Determining why footpaths were established and establishing their previous use.
Documenting all historical documents and information to hand
- Cataloging individual collections of historical information
- Helping to catalogue Jim Pitcher’s lifetime collection of information on Penhow
Anyone interested in helping us with these projects or possible future projects please contact Jonathan Kendall